Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    uuuummm just wow. what is this??


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    someone spent a lot of time and effort on these.

    Altec Lansing A7 Custom Cabinets | eBay
    Sonic Barbarian

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member endeeinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    Looks like an Altecankenstein to me.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    That is awesome!!! Lots of work, that appears to be a vintage experiment .... I love the cork, that's a great idea!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    When knowing just enough to be dangerous crosses paths with the speaker workshop.

    Is there a "Special Olympics" for speakers?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    I started to post similarly earlier, but my Southern upbringing apparently 'runs too deep'. Oh well, I've done just as bad in my early days and not only thought I'd done well, but even the adults thought so too; enough to comission a few, though in retrospect they were probably just trying to be encouraging.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    It wasn't so bad, 'til i saw 'round the back side.

    My guess is the Altecs aren't original to the inception. Rather somebody decided to "go big" with an upgrade.

    I thought the mirror imaged crossovers were a nice touch.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    This is a funny thread, not that I will ever know how too put an Altec in a box/ box made for a space/ Altec. I wish I still liked sawdust, I think even I could come up with a better plan.....

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    I like it.
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    VH, don't you also like Volvos?
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: uuuummm just wow. what is this??

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    VH, don't you also like Volvos?
    Why yes, yes I do.

    Not bad for a little 4 cylinder TRACTOR engine designed in the 1940's.



    And that same motor with 2 added cylinders in my 1800 with a little turbo slapped on.

    Last edited by VolvoHeretic; March 5th, 2016 at 05:08 PM.
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.